- Bendigo Primary Care Centre.
- Fabulous Bendigo health precinct location.
- Highly liveable regional community.
- Strategic/Operational role.
- Executive Officer reporting directly to the Board.
- Practice Management / similar expertise.
Are you at Exec or Senior Management level in a health or related sector, and interested in taking that next step in your career?
This is a superb opportunity to leverage your experience in medical practice management or a similar field, and to lead one of regional Victoria’s most innovative health services providers in Bendigo Primary Care Centre.
BPCC is seeking a General Manager to lead the organisation, driving a culture built around collaboration and service quality.
Based in Bendigo, BPCC was founded in 2014. It offers a one-stop health care service, an exciting purpose-designed building, and a culture of multi-professional practice, learning and teaching in the heart of Bendigo’s health education and research precinct, which includes the new Bendigo hospital, the La Trobe University Rural Health School and the Monash University School of Rural Health’s regional Clinical School. BPCC services including a GP clinic, same-day appointments for patients unable to get an appointment elsewhere, and preventative and ongoing care for patients with complex and chronic illnesses. The centre provides a mix of fee-for-service and bulk billing services. It’s staffed by both salaried and private health practitioners.
BPCC was originally developed by a unique consortium comprising the three foundation partners – Monash University, Bendigo Health, and Bendigo Community Health Services – and four other project partners, including Murray Primary Health Network (PHN), City of Greater Bendigo, La Trobe University and Murray City Country Coast (MCCC) GP Training. The centre is governed by a six-member Board which represents the founding partners as well as including independent directors.
As General Manager.
This is the senior leadership role within BPCC, responsible for all staff and operations, and reporting direct to the Board.
The General Manager role is both strategic and operational – with a strong eye for the big picture, but also willingness to take responsibility for the detail.
The role bridges functions that are strategic – requiring leadership skills relevant to working effectively with a board and key community stakeholders, and operational – with a strong understanding of general practice and the ability to build and sustain linkages across clinical and non-clinical roles. This includes working effectively with BPCC’s cross functional clinical advisory group, whose goals include developing and implementing systems to ensure that BPCC maintains exceptional clinical compliance and safety standards.
The role also requires an understanding of the Medicare system, including associated incentive payments structures, reporting and compliance.
You’ll be tasked with:
- Supporting the BPCC Board in managing and leading all aspects of BPCC operations.
- Developing strategic and business plans to meet the objectives of the practice as determined though the Board;
- Developing organisation systems to maximise productivity in the workplace;
- The senior HRM function for a team carrying out a range of clerical, technical and professional activities;
- Leading and supporting key staff who themselves lead clinical service delivery areas;
- Managing and supporting staff in the corporate and admin areas;
- Managing the provision of accurate and timely financial reporting;
- Continuous review of the operating environment of the Practice;
- Developing & growing successful relationships with key stakeholders and partners, including within the founding organisations;
- PR and marketing.
You’ll bring strong experience leading in a collaborative style with teams of specialists and experts, a strategic focus, and a record of success in fostering productive relationships with key stakeholders and delivering excellence in business performance.
Personally, you’ll have the ability to make and implement decisions aimed at ensuring that BPCC is a sustainable organisation and successful practice, long into the future.
You’ll have great communication and negotiation skills encompassing the ability to engage staff at all levels, including our GP and admin teams. You’ll demonstrate a capacity to lead across the organisation as well as vertically, with insight into cross-functional systems and organisational dynamics. This will include the ability to bring key teams together on projects of mutual interest. You’ll have skills in change management, including great communication skills that result in team members feeling like they’ve been heard, and that they can contribute to solutions that are best for the future of the business.
To be successful in the role, we would expect that you can bring:
- Knowledge and expertise in the management of services in a health services practice or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in working in a senior position, most likely including reporting to and supporting a Board of Management.
- Proven ability to maximise opportunities by fostering productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing staff and resources to produce optimal outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid experience with and understanding of contemporary organisational systems.
- Current understanding of accreditation requirements relevant to the service.
- Suitable tertiary qualifications.
- A record of on-going professional development relevant to the role.
- The opportunity to lead a growing health services provider in a fabulous setting in the Bendigo health education and research precinct.
- An open and contemporary environment with a team committed to best practice.
- Salary in the range of $110k – $130k, super, & packaging benefits.
Find out more and apply…
So, if you are an experienced Manager with strong sector knowledge, excellent relationship-building skills and a focus on business performance, and you’re looking for a great career move, apply now!
You can enquire in confidence to Paul Murphy, on 0417-013-214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you view the Position Description – BPCC GM Draft PD 09-07-19 – to assist with your application. Applications including CV and a brief statement addressing the key selection criteria to:
email@example.com by COB on Tuesday, July 30.